KSVDL is Looking for Bovine Blood Samples from Kansas Cow-Calf Operations
KSVDL is soliciting help from practitioners and cow-calf producers, within a one-hour drive of Manhattan, to help update reference intervals for several clinical pathology tests.
- Spring or fall cow-calf herds
- 8 healthy adult cows from each herd (lactating, open, or pregnant)
Needed samples: from each
- 3 tubes of blood (citrate, EDTA, serum)
- 1 syringe of blood (3 ml heparinized blood)
All supplies will be provided by KSVDL
- KSVDL personnel will be available to be on-site to assist in any way needed, and will be responsible to transport the samples immediately back to Manhattan.
A $50.00 diagnostic test voucher will be paid to practitioners for each herd they sample.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Diana Schwartz at email@example.com or 785-532-4232 or Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek at 785-532-4853.