KSVDL Personnel Activities
- Dr. Susan Moore presented at the AAVLD Annual Meeting in Greensboro, NC: “Duration of serum antibody response to rabies vaccination in horses” and “Serologic detection of equine antibodies to vaccine and field strains of rabies virus using a multiplex microsphere-based assay”.
- Dr. Michael Dryden presented topics that included control of ticks and Lyme disease to the New Hampshire Veterinary Medical Association in Keene, NH.
- Dr. Susan Moore presented at the One Health Webinar associated with the Rabies in the Americas annual meeting, Belem, Brazil: “Role of serology in animal health: What don’t we know?”
- Dr. Brian Lubbers presented “Biology and policy of antimicrobial use in animal agriculture” at the Professional Dairy Producers Conference in Madison, WI.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented the “Veterinary feed directive for cattle producers” at the SEK Genetic client appreciation banquet in Parsons, KS.
- Dr. Michael Dryden presented topics that included control of ticks and Lyme disease to the Vermont Veterinary Medical Association in Woodstock, VT.
- Dr. Susan Moore attended the USAHA Rabies and Public Health Committee meeting in Greensboro, NC.
- Dr. Bill Fortney and Beth McQuade represented the KSVDL at Southwest Veterinary Symposium in Fort Worth, TX. Beth McQuade also assisted with the KSVDL Rabies titer booth.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented the “Veterinary feed directive for cattle producers” at the Boeringer Ingelheim Cattle Producers Meeting in Tescott and Sylvan Grove, KS.
- Dr. Michael Dryden presented lectures on flea control, tick control and heartworm disease at the Illinois Veterinary Medical Association in Lombard, IL.
- Dr. Jianfa Bai presented a study titled “Application of digital PCR for the detection and association of major Shiga toxigenic Escherichia coli serogroups and key virulence genes” (other investigators: Xuming Liu, Lance Noll, Xiaorong Shi, Andrew O’Guin, Jamal Mitchell, Brent Dalke, T. G. Nagaraja, Gary Anderson) at the 59th AAVLD / 120th USAHA Annual Meeting in Greensboro, NC.
- Dr. Bill Fortney presented “Canine lepto diagnostics” and Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented “The value of bovine serology in reproductive cases” at the North West District of the Kansas Veterinary Medical Association meeting in Colby, KS.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented “VFD for the beef producer” in Union Town, KS sponsored by K-State Research and Extension.
- Dr. Jianfa Bai was elected co-chair of AAVLD Laboratory Technology Committee at the 59th AAVDL Annual Meeting in Greensboro, NC.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented “Trouble shooting unexplained pasture deaths” at the K-State Animal Science Extension Agent Update in Hill City and Dodge City, KS, sponsored by K-State Research and Extension.
- Dr. Michael Dryden presented lectures on flea and tick control to veterinarians in Omaha, NE.
- Dr. Brian Lubbers will present “Antibiotic Stewardship” to attendees at the MAH Stocker Conference in Starkville, MS.
- Dr. Megan Niederwerder will present “The role of the microbiome in PRRS” at the North American PRRS Symposium in Chicago, IL.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented “VFD for the beef producer” in Oswego, KS sponsored by K-State Research and Extension.
- Rabies vaccine response measurement is assay dependent. Susan A. Moore, Samantha Pralle, Leslie Engelman, Hattie Hartschuh, Mylissa Smith. In press: Biologicals (2016) pages 1-6
- Tissue localization, shedding, virus carriage, antibody response and aerosol transmission of Porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDV) following inoculation of 4-week-old feeder pigs. Niederwerder, M.C., J.C. Nietfeld, J. Bai, L. Peddireddi, B. Breazeale, J. Anderson, M.A. Kerrigan, B. A., R.D. Oberst, K. Crawford, K.M. Lager, D.M. Madson, R.R.R. Rowland, G.A. Anderson, and R.A. Hesse. 2016. J Vet Diagn Invest. 28(6): 671-678.
Disease Field Investigations Conducted by KSVDL:
- Mycoplasma mastitis outbreak in a dairy herd
- Respiratory disease outbreak in home-raised, weaned beef calves
- Sudden death in fall calving cows